9ja Lyrics and Poetry: The Heavens Reciprocated! (pt. II) By Bob Charles.
Custom Search

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Heavens Reciprocated! (pt. II) By Bob Charles.


Noticing our presence however, her gaze became more intense and her face began to twist. As I fixed my two little eyes up toward her face and toward the heavens as well, I could notice the heavens’ face mimicking mama’s face. I could behold the clouds gathering as mama’s face got more and more heavy. As the first teardrop from mama’s eye dropped right on my face – it was instantly followed by the heaven’s. The coincidence of the whole event was beginning to make sense to me and my two siblings, driving rain of tears down our eyes as we held more tightly to mama’s gown.
At this time, mama has fully convinced herself of the heaven’s cooperation as she falls to her knees taking hold of us while her eyes were still fixed at the heavens. She gave way to bitter-weeping. As expected by now-the heavens cried along. Neither she nor we minded the downpour as we all wept bitterly. Mama cried and cried, so hard that her chest began to block. She tried to cough, and the heavens replied with thunders. The more she coughed, the more it thundered and the more I and my siblings cried. Placing her left hand on her chest - mama began consoling herself. At this point, the heavens started to withdraw its waters. Mama stood up and started to clean her eyes as the heavens started to brighten up once more. She looked so fulfilled and satisfied. To her, it was one encounter of a lifetime; it was everything she needed in order to rebuild her faith and moral. It refortified her for the task of catering for five young progenies. As we trekked the almost 120 minutes journey back home, I was busy replaying the recordings and trying to put more meaning to the motion pictures that flashed through my head.
Today, mama has gone the way of her ancestors leaving her progenies behind. But looking at her picture – I can’t help but reminisce on the events of long time ago at the open fields. No matter how many times I run the recordings of those events – one thing stands out of all the action taken by mama that bright morning. The heavens reciprocated!
Adieu mama.


By Bob Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram